5) Hostel gives me the creeps just thinking about it, I don't care what anybody says- that movie is incredible. Nearing the end when all is revealed, Paxton is brought to the factory where it all goes down (and we get a sweet Takashi Miike cameo: "Be careful- you could spend all your money in that place"). What ensues is some of the creepiest stuff I've ever seen.
4) Forever will The Shining frighten the life out of me. Any scene in this film could be on the list really, but it's mainly the point where Jack snaps and is following Wendy around and up the stairs. I once memorized that monologue that he does for a drama class. It amazes me to watch Jack Nicholson act, and Shelley Duvall was perfectly terrified. Another especially creepy moment is when the person dressed as the dog is giving a man on the bed a blowjob- weird.
3) The ice skating scene from Curtains. The killer in this little known Canadian film is one of the scariest I've ever seen because of the mask. It's like an old man with long, woman's hair. Add that to the fact that the killer then skates after one of the victims and you've got a few really creepy moments leading up to a kill.
2) The mine scenes in My Bloody Valentine. Breaking the lights as he stalks down the narrow mine hallways after his victims, coming out of the darkness in the tunnels. The beginning scenes of Harry Warden being trapped in the mine and all that business, also creepy. When they find him as the sole survivor, he almost looks like one of the zombies from Dawn of the Dead.
1) Leatherface's debut in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- there is absolutely nothing scarier. A huge maniac covered in human skin, wielding a chainsaw and screaming? You tell me you've got the balls not to piss your pants after that and I'll show you a bullshitter.